Rearrange or sort tasks
Most of the time, you’ll view your tasks in chronological order as you manage them. But as a project grows, you might find it handy to see an alphabetical list or rearrange tasks to make sure your plan includes all the necessary steps.
Sort a single column
- Select the column you want to sort by clicking on the column heading.
- Click the black triangle to the right of the selected column.
- Choose „Sort Ascending” or „Sort Descending”.
Sort multiple columns
- Point to „View” > „Sort” > „Sort by...”
- Select the columns which you want to sort and press „OK” to leave the sheet.
- iTaskX alphabetizes summary tasks first and then alphabetizes the subtasks under each summary task.
- To restore your original sort use the black triangle in the head of the „ID” column (first column).
Move a task or resource by dragging
- Click on the „ID” field of the task or resource you want to move. To select more tasks or resources hold down the „COMMAND” ⌘ key while clicking on the „ID” field of the desired tasks.
- Left mouse down and drag the row(s) where you want to place the selection.